Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cilantro-Ginger Vinaigrette - featured recipe


Here is another recipe from Nick Massie, I love the tang in this dressing, it would be awesome on a lot of stuff. But he pairs it with a simple slaw...I'll include that recipe below

Cilantro - Ginger Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
¼ cup shallot, peeled and rough chopped
¼ cup fresh ginger, peeled and rough chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled
2 limes, juiced
1 bunch cilantro, washed
½ cup rice wine vinegar
3 tbs. tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
1 ½ cups olive oil
1 tbs. sambal (red chili paste)
2 tbs. sesame oil

Directions:

1. Combine shallot, ginger, garlic, vinegar and tamari in
blender and blend until a pulp has formed.
2. Add olive oil, lime juice and sambal and continue to blend.
3. Add cilantro and blend until a bright green color and a fine
puree are achieved.
4. Thin with water to desired consistency and flavor with
tamari, sambal, and additional lime juice to desired taste.
Enjoy!

Tokyo Slaw
1 head        Napa Cabbage
1 head        Green Cabbage
1 of each    Red, Orange & Yellow Peppers
bunch         Green Onion Tops
6                small Carrots

Directions:
Thinly slice all veggies. Salt and Pepper to taste. Dress with Cilantro-Ginger Dressing. Chill and serve.

Made this for my clan, I loved it. I found that I actually liked it more as I ate it more. The second and third time I had it, I got more and more into the tangy sweetness of the dressing....but...I think I went a tad heavy on the ginger..and I only used about a fourth of the green cabbage, I also subbed out Braggs for the Tamari (you know me)...... will absolutely make this one again!

No comments: