Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paleo Breakfast Casserole - Featured Recipe

Today's recipe comes from Larry at scrawnyWOD he's a Level 1 CrossFit certified trainer and a certified holistic health coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. He lives just outside of Philadelphia, PA with his wife Kara. I have recently discovered his blog and have found some pretty great info and recipes...I'll share a few with you that I'm dying to try, let me know what you guys think.

Paleo Breakfast Casserole
24 eggs
8 strips of cooked bacon cut into small pieces
2 full strips of cooked bacon (set aside)
½ red onion (diced)
1 large yellow squash (chopped)
2 small or 1 large zucchini (chopped)
2 cups of frozen chopped spinach
1 tbsp rosemary
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oven to 350. Whisk all of the eggs together in a large bowl. Add the chopped veggies, bacon and spices. Stir everything together. Thoroughly grease the entire 9x13 baking dish (sides too) with coconut oil. Add the egg mixture to the baking dish and evenly distribute it throughout. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the center has set and is firm. Crumble the remaining two pieces of bacon. Once it is finished baking, remove from the oven and sprinkle the bacon on top.

4 comments:

Larry Palazzolo said...

Hi Natalie, glad you liked my recipes. Feel free to repost any others you like.

Nicole said...

I loved this recipe! It tastes soo good and I love that it is veggies held together with eggs! I substituted a head of broccoli for the yellow squash and it was great. I halved the recipe and had to cook it for more like an hour. Keep sending us yummy recipes.

Anonymous said...

I made this for a staff breakfast at our school. I liked that I could eat it, and everyone else thought it was marvelous. Bacon, eggs and veggies, what could be bad about this? Loved it! Will make it again and again, many variations of it.

cloey said...

Do i need to thaw the frozen spinach before adding in?