Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, January 23, 2012

Simple Cinaberry Muffins

So a few weeks ago I introduced you to these muffins...my first attempt at Paleo baking. They were good, but not for everyone. I think this recipe will be more to your liking and a lot more like what you're used to.

you can seed the old recipe on the right and this one on the left
  Ingredients:
1/2 cup    Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp     Baking Soda
1/2 tsp     Cinnamon
1/2 cup    Oil (canola or grapeseed)
1/2 cup    Raw Honey
6             Eggs
                (yes I know it's a lot...trust me)
1 tsp.       Vanilla
1 cup       berries (frozen or fresh) - optional

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet into another. Leave berries for last.

2. Mix the two togther. Gently fold in your berries.

3. Prep your mini muffin tim with a little oil. Then using a small scoop (around 1 tbls.) spoon batter into cups. fill about 3/4 of the way...only will rise a bit.

4. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Or until a knife comes out clean.

These are much lighter and fluffier, and taste great! Even my kids liked these ones, so were getting there, my friends. I found a few recipes online to blend together for this version, I'm sure I'll keep tweaking it until it's just right. All you bakers out there can let me know any suggestions you might have. It's no secret that baking is not really my thing :)

No comments: