1 tbs. sambal
2 ½ tbs. tamari
13 drops fish sauce
25 cashews, chopped or smashed in Ziploc bag
½ cup scallions, chopped
1 head lettuce, rinsed and separated into leaves
1. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over high heat. Season turkey with salt, pepper and chili while pan is heating.
2. Add turkey to pan and allow to brown for 3-4 minutes, then, begin to chop turkey.
3. Add garlic. Continue chopping turkey with wooden spoon or high heat rubber spatula, incorporating garlic well. After 3-4 minutes, add mushrooms.
4. Continue stirring and chopping for 2-3 minutes longer, then add carrots.
5. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes then add cilantro, coconut milk/soup, sambal, tamari and fish sauce.
6. While meat/vegetable mixture continues to cook, place several leaves of lettuce on a large plate.
7. When meat/vegetable mixture is cooked through, remove from heat and transfer to a pile in the center of the lettuce leaves.
8. Top with cashews, scallions and a dollop of sambal and serve.
So in true Natalie fashion, I have made my own version of this one, I'll have the details for you later on. But sufficeth to say, both my mom, my son and the hubby all loved it!