Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, February 13, 2012

Orange Ginger Vinaigrette - featured recipe

I love salad...it's not secret. And I also love making my own dressings. Most of which end up being just few of this and that....so usually I don't use a recipe. But when I stumbled upon this one...I had to give it a try. It comes from the funnest blog filled with little recipe finds by a professional recipe developer (I want that job!) named Jaden Hair. Here is the first of many (I'm sure) of her yummy finds... Check it out:

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon orange zestJuice from ½ large orange1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (I prefer Mitsukan brand)1 teaspoon honeysea salt to taste
¼ cup light vegetable oil
Whisk together and enjoy.

Making dressing is all about balance of flavor: lively and tangy, slightly sweet, a little heat and just enough sea salt to bring out all of the flavor notes.The fruit in the dressing is flexible – use any citrus: orange, lemon, lime, tangerine, blood orange or go a little more exotic with passion fruit (cut in half spoon out fruit only).

No comments: