Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Paleo Berry Muffins - featured recipe

This recipe comes from another Blog
Kristen & Corey Paleo LogBlog
this blog is super cute and full of simple easy paleo recipes... I thought I'd share this one with you guys and see what you think.

Ingredients:
2 cups       almond flour
1 tbsp       coconut flour
                 (if you have it, lends a rich flavour but you can do without too)
1/2 cup      unsweetened apple sauce
2               eggs
1 tsp         baking powder
                If you want them sweeter, you can add a little Stevia or agave nectar to taste. 
Berries -  I pick a different frozen berry everytime, this morning it was blackberries and raspberries mixed. 

I place 4 or 5 berries on top of the muffins after I pour them into their muffin holders, to prevent blue batter.
Bake at 350 for about twenty minutes

So, I used fresh fruit, (she uses frozen) some honey to sweeten and a small tsp. of vanilla - these were hardcore, by that I mean you need to be ready for something different from a normal muffin. They were very crumbley and tasted strongly of almonds. I made some for my boys with chocolate chips - no go. But honestly, I liked them. I thought the blackberries were a fun pop of flavor and didn't mind the crumble. If you're just dying for a easy baked treat..these would do the trick. Maybe just not for your wheat eating little ones...at least not yet

No comments: