Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mixed Citrus Spritzer - featured recipe

 I found a new contributer that I am so excited over, I'll be sharing a few of her recipes this week because I am excited to try them out, and will be pairing them togther for a fun Mexican night! Her Name is Marcela Valladolid, she is the new host of Mexican Made Easy on the Food Network. I have only seen 1 episode, but I wanted to try EVERYTHING she made, and for me that is HUGE! I have never had that happen before. So, I'll be testing the recipes out and plugging them in this week for you guys to try..simple, yummy and practically paleo :)

Doesn't this look sooooo yummy and refreshing, perfect for the winter citrus in season!

Ingredients

Simple syrup:

  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup agave nectar
  • 1 grapefruit, juiced
  • 2 navel oranges, juiced
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 4 mandarins or clementines, juiced
  • 3 cups sparkling water, chilled
  • Orange or mandarin slices, for garnish

Directions

For the simple syrup: In a small saucepan, bring the water and agave to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.

Combine the citrus juices and sparkling water in a pitcher. Add the simple syrup and mix well. Pour into ice-filled glasses and garnish with orange slices.

Side Note: Made this for a few friends and everyone liked it...even my boys thought it was good. It is a bit tart, however, so take smaller servings - or you could reduce the lemon a bit, I think it would help. But looking forward to making this again!

Oh and we ran out of Agave Nectar so we substituted for raw honey...tasted great!

No comments: